We would love to see you at the Blue Patch launch at Herne Hill Market, Sunday 28th September for a day of fun, activities and competitions, plus our Wonderful World of Blue Patch show on the Stage at 2:30. Time 10am – 4pm, Railton Road, Herne Hill London SE24 0JW. Transport: bus (or 10 minute walk) from Brixton and the nearest overground stations are Herne Hill and North Dulwich (please check they’re working on the day).
Blue Patch is grateful for the generous support of our pioneer members who’ve donated a wonderful array of prizes and helped with the event, including Jason Shuttleworth, friends and neighbours from Herne Hill. Also a big thank you to the Herne Hill Forum for supporting Blue Patch – we hope to make this a day to remember.
- Throughout the market
- 10 am – 4pm Edible Films competition bring your own video camera or smart phone and make a TV ad (under 50 seconds long) about your favourite food, stall or shop. Enter the Edible Films at www.coolitvision.org. Free, for 4 – 25 years, 3 age categories. Closing date 30th October 2014. £500 prize and winning films screened at a cinema in central London.
- The Community Stall
- 10am – 4pm Blue Patch products for sale and information about Blue Patch
- 10am – 12:45pm Make a bird box (kits for sale at £10) with Robin Dean
- The Flower Lady ( florist shop next to Herne Hill Station)
- 11am -12pm Harvest hair garland workshop
- 1pm the Herne Hill Forum’s Commemorative Cakey Competition!
- Drop off cakes 1pm (Community stall) Judging 1.30 Winners and prizes 3pm (The Stage)
- Categories: Age Groups: Judges and Prizes:
- Whackiest Cake Under 10s Brixton Cake Shop
- Prettiest Cake 11-16s Blackbird Bakers
- Most Yocal Cake Grown Ups Crunch & many more
- The Stage
- 11am -11.45am Gnocchi your socks off cooking demonstration Giuseppina Calcara of Home Cooking SE24
- 12.00 -1.45pm William Morris photo booth In the Right Light photographers (£2 per photo, 3 for £5)
- 12.00 -1.45pm Pop up ‘Country Kitchen‘ film set for young children to make a short film about food (for parents to film please) To win the actual Country Kitchen, simply enter your film to the Edible Films competition (free). Winner will be announced a week later (prize has to be collected or can be delivered in a 3 mile radius, within 2 weeks after the results )
- The Stage for the Blue Patch Show & Prize giving
- 2.30pm – 3.30pm The Wonderful World of Blue Patch meet the UK’s ethical makers, doers and shakers including fashion, furniture and wind turbines. Special guests include Bruce Davis CEO from Abundance Generation, Ecotricity, ‘Sapphire Groove’, Alex Bishop Guitars , Cock & Bull men’s fashion label, Luvahuva ethical lingerie, Daughters of the Revolution, Cally’s Cat Litter, Crafty Ponies, KidsPlayKit, Natty Peeps, LA Jewellery, MULTEMYR, Myrtle Accessories, Mole and friends.
- 3.00pm Win incredible prizes for Tweets – value £750 and rising!
- For adult prizes: Follow & tweet to @teambluepatch include #projectbluepatch share your favourite #British, #sustainable #ethical thing’ .
- For children’s prizes: Follow & tweet to @teambluepatch @kidsplaykit include #projectbluepatch #kidsplaykit share your favourite toy.
- (See T&C on Blue Patch FAQ, Facebook & Twitter. Larger prizes may be collected from Blue Patch HQ in Herne Hill within 2 weeks.)
- Herne Hill Forum’s Commemorative Cakey Competition Winners judges The London Cook and Michael Davies.
- Happy Birthday + present to the Herne Hill community from Blue Patch.
- Grand finale song led by children from ‘CAUSE YOU CAN.
Country Kitchen, Union Jack Rocking Chair and a Rokkit Rocking Horse, kindly given by British company KidsPlayKit.
Divine and ethical recycled brass necklace Angel Wings by LA Jewellery, beautifully made in Shropshire.
For thirsty people, 5 Ohyos from our channel swimming friend Guy (he’s swimming a Scottish loch on the 28th for charity!)
Bruce Davis, CEO of Abundance Generation is going to be giving away share certificates in renewable energy. Bruce will be at the launch so you can find out all about green energy investments – a great way to fight climate change.
Home energy saving kit from Ecotricity – another great way to help save the environment. If you switch to Ecotricity as your renewable energy supplier via Blue Patch we get a fee. This fee will fund the Cool it Vision free film competition for young people
A Natty Peeps indoor frisbee – for accident free play! Natty Peeps made our Blue Patch logo frisbee too!
An FSC timber UK made bird box by ‘birds and bees’ expert Robin Dean.
Three bags full! For the owners of ethical cats we have Cally’s Country Cat Litter, proudly made in Yorkshire from left over straw – low dust and high absorption. To win a bag and give Cally’s a try Tweet #ethicalcats with a photo of you feline chum.
British made, soft and ethical men’s tee-shirts from Cock & Bull. Outstanding tailoring in the heart of the East End.
Designer Eve Spencer is giving away two prints of her painting ‘Bat Winged Cicada’.
Don’t miss this golden opportunity on September 28th to meet the Blue Patch makers, win and buy wonderful British made, ethical fashion, toys, garden furniture, frisbees, energy saving gadgets and even ethical shares! Read about Blue Patch’s ‘water birth’ and ‘mission.’ in these blogs.