Bringing a buzz to the high street with sustainable shopping!
Come to our free, week-long pop-up with beautiful ethical products, workshops, pamper nights, bubbly drinks, delicious cakes and late night shopping till 9pm – the Original Sustainable Department Store is a new social shopping experience just in time for Christmas.
11th – 16th December
Free tickets eventbrite #BStore18
Espacio Gallery, 159, Bethnal Green Road, London, E2 7DG
Browse innovative and quality creations from some of the best designers and producers in the country. Join our breakfast talks, creative workshops and spoil yourself at our luxurious evening salons. We’ll have something for everyone: organic wellbeing products, Fair Trade jewellery, ethical fashion, designer lighting, handmade furniture, ceramics, gifts and toys.
Tuesday 11th December 10:30 – 18:00
Tuesday 11th 18:00 – 21:00 Awards Party & Launch Celebration
Canapés kindly provided by award winning ethical caters, eco cuisine. By invitation
Wednesday, Thursday*, Friday, Saturday 10:30 – 21:00
Sunday 16th December 10:30 – 17:00
*The Award winning charity Hotel School, which teaches hospitality skills to homeless and vulnerable people will be serving visitors coffee all day Thursday and sharing a bit of ‘Barista Know-How’.
In store activities time table
- 9:00 – 10:30 Free + refreshments. Join us to ‘Boost your Business’. Three fun workshops by Alex Oliver-Boo (Oliver-Boo CoActive Coaching, INSEAD MBA), Louise Rodgers (Eidyia Ltd, ICF qualified business coach), and Olga Crosse (Employment with CrosseHR).
- 9:00 – 10:30 Free + refreshments. The Big Green Breakfast: We’re creating a ‘to do’ list to make London sustainable, #Refill Revolution talk and Q & A. With Hotel School and Extract Coffee.
- 18:00 – 21:00 Free + glass of fizz. Pamper Night: Spotlight on perfume with 4160 Tuesdays, seated acupressure massage (£25, 30 minutes with Rory Lemon (M.Ost), eco-glitter bar, New Forest Aromatics, Seascape Island Apothecary and The Original Beard Company
- 9:00 – 10:30 Free + refreshments. ‘Comfort & Joy – Retrofit your Home’. How architects Natalie Black (enbee) Marion Baeli (PDP London) and Robert Prewett (PrewettBizley) switched carbon for comfort in their own homes.
- 10:30 – 21:00 Free + refreshments. Personal shoppers, late opening and a glass of wine
- 10:30 – 11:00 Free. Seedball making (child friendly)
- 14:30 – 15:30 (£30. 10 students max. Vegan leather option) Make your own Reclaimed Wallet with Juta Shoes. Book this workshop
- 10:30 -21:00 Free + refreshments. Personal shoppers, late opening and a glass of wine – Christmas shopping made simple!
- 10:30 – 11:30 Free. Design your own Wallpaper with Chantal Renn from Renn Design, Derwent Pencils and Pink Pig Sketchbooks
- 11:30 – 12: 30 (£30. 10 students max. Vegan leather option). Make your own Reclaimed Wallet with Juta Shoes. Book this workshop
- 14:00 – 14:30 Free. Seedball making (child friendly)
- 17:00 store closes 🙁 We’ll be back in 2019!
“Seedball can’t wait to join in the festive department store with our seeds for a bee-autiful Christmas that supports local wildlife too!’ Emily Lambert Co-founder of Seedball.
“I’m so pleased to be part of the Blue Patch community. There’s a fantastic energy and momentum in this group of businesses who are all so deeply committed to high quality products, innovation in their ways of working and sustainability for the planet. A great illustration of business as a force for good.” Alex Oliver, strategy consultant and CoActive Coach.
For more information please contact Jane Langley
Dropbox for press photos and press release: Link