Entries are now closed.
To hear about our next competition, please sign up to our newsletter.
The Blue Patch Sustainable Business Awards 2019 are now being judged. Shortlist and winners announced autumn 2019.
SMEs across the British Isles are invited to come forward and nominate themselves for one or more of the following categories:
You can ‘meet the judges’ here.
- New Business Award: Sponsored by Bouncepad. For new businesses creating products or providing services (under 2 years old).
- New Heritage Award: For young businesses using traditional production methods and techniques (under 10 years old).
- As part of our heritage section we’ve introduced the Heritage Apprentice Award: Apprentices or Trainees are entered by their employers. Employers are not required to meet the ‘under 10 years’ criteria for their own businesses. Please add ‘Apprentice or Trainee’ after your name on the application form.
- Social Good Award: Our Secret Sponsor. For socially minded businesses aiming to make a difference to their local communities and the environment.
- Sustainable Innovation Award: Sponsored by Denby. For businesses with a cutting edge idea that will save energy, reduce carbon, encourage a circular economy and protect the planet.
- Female Business Leader Award: For businesses headed by women who are achieving greatness, or with a woman leader making significant contributions to a business.
- Circular Economy Award : For businesses that use circular economy principles and methods in their products or services, providing solutions that tackle some of the major waste issues facing the planet.
- Global Impact Award: Sponsored by EQ Investors.For businesses based in the British Isles that are working with international communities, creating ethical partnerships and with good supply chain management.
- People’s Prize: For businesses based in the British Isles, that may manufacture either in the UK or abroad*
*Need to fit the criteria for global impact
The nomination period starts on the 27th of May and the entry deadline is 12pm on the 1st August. Shortlist and winners will be judged in August with the winners announced at an awards ceremony in October.
To apply for any/all awards please fill out our short application form here and send us 4-6 good quality, named images via Google Drive, Dropbox or WeTransfer.
To apply for the People’s Prize, please do all of the above and also include an (optional) short 1 minute video showcasing your business.
“The Blue Patch Sustainable Business Awards are a great opportunity for small businesses to get the recognition they deserve. Whether they adopt eco-friendly initiatives or are developing sustainable business practices that are better for the future of our communities and planet, I am thrilled to be on the judges panel to discover what they’ve been up to. As this award is free to enter, any company, no matter how small, can apply for the opportunity for this recognition. The award is a great way to encourage and inspire green initiatives for business that are forward-thinking enough to care.” – Oliver Heath, Oliver Heath Design
Entry Rules and Criteria.
- There is NO entry fee for the awards.
- Open to Blue Patch members and non-members.
- All applicants, except those for the Global Impact Award and People’s Prize should be based in the UK, and be making/manufacturing or providing a service within the British Isles.
- Applicants for the Global Impact award and People’s Prize, must be based in the UK, but may manufacture part, or all of their products abroad. For this award, however, it is important that your business be sustainable and be working to improve the communities that you work with abroad.
- You/Your business must meet the criteria for each individual award that you apply for.
- You must have an interest in sustainability.
- You can enter for multiple awards.
- We must have your completed application plus named photographs by 12 PM on 1st August.
- Entering for an award does not automatically award you membership of Blue Patch. If you wish to become a member, you will have to meet our membership criteria. For more information on Blue Patch membership and benefits, click here.
Follow our hashtag #bpatchawards for updates.
Take a look here for the wonderful time we had celebrating our Blue Patch 2017 award winners at London Design Fair. Click here to see 2017 winners and finalists. Click here to see our 2018 Blue Patch award winners celebrated at #Bstore19 in Shoreditch.
Got questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEDIA KIT can be found here.
And our wonderful 2019 sponsors:
Sustainable Innovation Award Sponsored by Denby
Global Impact Award Sponsored by EQ Investors
The New Business Award Sponsored by Bouncepad
The Social Good Award has a ‘secret sponsor’