Welcome to the Blue Patch Sustainable Business Awards 2020.
SMEs across the UK and Ireland are invited to come forward and nominate themselves for one or more of the following categories:
- New Business Award:
For new businesses creating products or providing services (under 2 years old).
- New Heritage Award:
For young businesses using traditional production methods and techniques (under 10 years old).
- Social Impact Award: Sponsored by Reliance Bank.
For socially minded businesses aiming to make a difference to their local communities and the environment.
- Sustainable Innovation Award
For businesses with a cutting edge idea that will save energy, reduce carbon, encourage a circular economy and protect the planet.
- Female Business Leader Award
For businesses headed by women who are achieving greatness, or with a woman leader making significant contributions to a business.
- Circular Economy Award
For businesses that use circular economy principles and methods in their products or services, providing solutions that tackle some of the major waste issues facing the planet.
- Global Impact Award: Sponsored by EQ Investors.
For businesses based in Britain and Ireland that are working with international communities, creating ethical partnerships and with good supply chain management.
- People’s Prize
For businesses based in Britain and Ireland, that may manufacture either in the UK & Ireland or abroad*
*Need to fit the criteria for global impact
To apply for any/all awards please fill out our short application form here and send us 4-6 good quality, named images via Google Drive, Dropbox or WeTransfer.
The nomination period starts on the 28th of May and the entry deadline is 12pm on the 16th of August. Shortlist and winners will be judged in August with the winners announced at an awards ceremony on September 3rd.
To apply for the People’s Prize, please opt in, and if you fancy it, also include an (optional) short 1 minute video about your business.
Take a look at our tips for making the most out of your application.
Entry Rules and Criteria.
- There is NO entry fee for the awards.
- Open to Blue Patch members and non-members.
- All applicants, except those for the Global Impact Award and People’s Prize should be based in the UK or Ireland, and be making/manufacturing or providing a service within the UK or Ireland.
- Applicants for the Global Impact award and People’s Prize, must be based in the UK or Ireland, but may manufacture part, or all of their products abroad. For this award, however, it is important that your business be sustainable and be working to improve the communities that you work with abroad.
- You/Your business must meet the criteria for each individual award that you apply for.
- You must have an interest in sustainability.
- You can enter for multiple awards.
- We welcome submissions from people of Black, Asian and Ethnic Minorities.
- We must have your completed application plus named photographs by 12 PM on 16th August
- Entering for an award does not automatically award you membership of Blue Patch. If you wish to become a member, you will have to meet our membership criteria. For more information on Blue Patch membership and benefits, click here.
Follow our hashtag #bpatchawards for updates.
Got questions? Email us at email@example.com.
The Awards this year are part of London Climate Action Week harnessing the power of London for global climate action. Due to COVID-19 London Climate Action Week 2020 will take place in two instalments across the year. London Climate Action Week Digital will run from 1-3 July. It will convene climate leadership across London to deliberate the climate policy response to COVID-19.London Climate Action Week 2020 will run from 16-22 November. LCAW 2020 will bring together climate leadership from across London to generate and scale-up solutions to the climate emergency.
And our wonderful 2020 individual award sponsors:
Global Impact Award Sponsored by EQ Investors
Social Impact Award sponsored by Reliance Bank