Our Blue Patch criteria
When a business applies to become a member of Blue Patch, we check they’re a good match with our values:
- Products on Blue Patch are made in the British Isles
- Food and ingredients are grown in the British Isles
- When materials and ingredients are sourced internationally, businesses aim to work with ethical partners
- Products and services are of good quality
- Global Impact businesses based in the British Isles, support ethical working conditions, traditional artisans and local communities
How do we check businesses?
Once a business has completed the application we follow up with a phone or Skype call, or a visit to the business. Sustainability is a fast changing area so we continually research the latest information using our network of independent organisations. We value the creation of local jobs, these too are sustainable outcomes.
We’re ready to help everyone to increase sustainability, reduce carbon and support their local economy by celebrating positive change.
Got a question?Please call 02077387267 0r Pop us an email.